POSITION TITLE: SR. Software Development Manager
Reports to: Sr. Director Software Development
Culture, Culture, Culture! If you are the type of person that would like to be part of a technology revolution and can help make our company “not suck to come to work”, then we might be the place for you. We have a family-approach to building relationships with our people, and rock star awesome benefits. The ideal candidate for this position should be comfortable working in a dynamic, creative, and fast paced environment with a fun spirited culture.
Our companyis enhancing and expanding its core product suite. To help us grow our business we are looking for an experienced Software Development leader who possesses a hunger to lead, innovate and deliver breakthrough solutions.
The successful candidate will be someone who thrives on taking care of things the right way the first time. Someone who is not afraid to take a hands-on approach while leading a high-caliber team and ensuring the team has the skills and tools necessary to deliver the next generation of platform solutions to our customers. We are seeking someone who has strong technical, project and people skills with a can-do attitude and a focus on delivering high quality software. We move at a fast pace and deliver software iteratively using AGILE best practices and the latest technologies.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be technically credible to lead teams of world-class software and database engineers. Must be able to make the right design decisions related to product features and technology choices.
- Have a deep understanding of overall software development life cycle including various methodologies (agile, waterfall, iterative)
- Should be comfortable working in legacy (brownfield) code and able to devise strategies around legacy code refactoring in addition to new code development.
- Have experience translating work into an achievable development roadmap, aligning to the overarching business strategy
- Experience successfully building teams and managing people
- Consistent focus on operational excellence and security of the systems
- Experience with LAMP stack is preferred, but ideally the candidate is highly intelligent and can learn quickly, regardless of experience.
- Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
- Strong technical credentials
- Experience integrating systems through SOAP/REST/JSON web services
- 8-10 years of experience as a Software Engineer and 3-5 years as a Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to drive your team and projects to completion
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Internet and operating system security fundamentals
- Experience within the Healthcare and/or Payments domain